Event: A subcontractor’s excavator (one-man activity) crosses an energy cable causing a short circuit in the railway signalling system;
- Claim by a third party not related to the signed contract;
- Scope of damage (destruction of property, downtime, personnel costs): total ca. 5.5 million PLN
- Subcontractor insurance policy on account of conducting business activity: 500.000 PLN
- Total damage covered by compensation from the General Contractor’s civil liability insurance policy
- regression of the General Contractor’s insurer to the subcontractor – effect: the subcontractor becomes practically bankrupt
- General Contractor’s claims increase and higher GC’s contribution paid in the following period
- Are there any appropriate insurance or other business solutions? By whom and how can they be implemented?